Use Ormi To Integrate BYOD Into Classroom Teaching
Over 62% of US and UK teachers, when surveyed, said that mobile devices in the classroom were more of a distraction than a benefit. Slow networks, glitchy software, distracting tools, and technical issues abound.
We listened, and created Ormi.
LET'S TALK @ LEARNING
Ormi was engineered from day one with the teacher in mind – to minimize steps and eliminate common interruptions, preserving the teacher’s focus and flow so students stay engaged.
Ormi transforms the BYOD classroom entirely by placing the teacher and their tablet in complete control with fast, simple content and collaboration tools so they can:
- Share almost anything, with any one, on the right page or point in the lesson, any time.
- Manage, and view activity on, any mobile device in the classroom.
- Create new lessons or send existing instructional materials from any device to any device, incorporating polls and quizzes.
- Pick up instruction right where you left off, and access most kinds of instructional content with only a few taps.
- Make device-integrated classroom teaching an everyday reality that positively contributes to student learning.
ADD RESOURCES EASILY
- Teachers easily sync content up and down on the cloud to free up space on devices.
- A Content Browser enables filtering, viewing and browsing.
- Inbox tracks recent downloads.
- Upload Queue contains the files pending to be uploaded.
- Organize and centralize important teaching materials, apps and files for your school or classroom.
- Students can search the private library for apps and learning materials, find detailed information about apps and download content.
- View recently posted apps and share favorite apps with peers.
FREE UP CONNECTIVITY
Ormi works with or without internet and does not require upgrades to existing connectivity. For learning spaces with unstable bandwidth, teachers can easily shift from cloud to LAN-based functionality, without losing features or classroom management capability.
Student devices remain tethered upon entry to the class – no need to reconnect and lose time at the start of every lesson or day. And, limit distractions with the lock student screen feature.
ANY CONTENT, ANY DEVICE, ANY OS
Sharing Just About Anything
- With just one touch, share anything from your workspace, while maintaining control of your class.
- Share with individuals, groups, whole classes and even participants in remote locations.
- Students can share among one other, or back to teacher, or cast to the classroom display (with permission).
- This browser is purpose-built for learning and easy to use in and beyond the classroom.
- Easily use online content for instruction.
- To keep students on task, use the lock feature while sharing the browser, allowing students to view and bookmark the web page, but not navigate away to another website.
NO MORE HUNTING FOR LESSONS AND RESOURCES
We've learned that teaching has to flow, even in a device-integrated classroom. Going beyond ease of use, we built Ormi for speed.
Returning to an old lesson? Pick up instruction right where you left off using Ormi's Activity Panel on the Home screen.
Similar to social feeds students are familiar with.
All recent shares, messages, documents and activities at students’ or teachers’ fingertips.
FAST, SIMPLE TOOLS
Create new lessons or send existing instructional materials from any device, to any device.
- Easily create lesson plans with video, websites, PDFs, and digital materials you already have.
- Designed for personalized learning
- Teach lessons with zero transition time when switching from one unit to another, one task to another.
Build or incorporate existing polls, lessons and quizzes.
- Instantly assess students.
- Free form, true/false, or multiple-choice answers.
- Receive compiled results automatically.